26. Deliberate Practice (4 Parts)
To explicate the four pillars of a deliberate practice framework for learning in psychotherapy
26. Deliberate Practice (4 parts).pdf
Highlights from this Session:
- The four pillars of deliberate practice (a coach, individualised learning objectives, feedback, and successive refinement).
- Performance feedback vs learning feedback.
- Deliberate practice is not clinical practice.
- Do the verb, and not just be the noun.
- K Ander Ericsson and Robert Pool's book, Peak. (Personally, it doesn't read as well as the ideas deserve, but it's a really good overview on the topic of deliberate practice in a variety of domains).
- If you want to geek out further, The edited book, Expertise and Expert Performance has a new 2nd edition. I haven't read the 2nd edition, but the first was a tome.
- Two blogpost I've written directly address the topic of deliberate practice: