Professional development is central to lifelong job satisfaction. Traditional approaches (e.g., lectures, clinical experience, even supervision) don’t work. The latest studies show that unlocking one’s potential as a therapist requires “deliberate practice.”
Drawing the best from what we know in the development of expertise, cutting edge research will be translated into highly individualized, step-by-step instructions for improving your clinical performance and effectiveness.
This web-based workshop is designed with the core principles of learning sciences, with one practical idea delivered to you every Mondays and Fridays.
Due to the intensive nature of this training, registration is limited to 40 participants. Join this select group of colleagues from around the world for an inspiring period guaranteed to:
- Raise your effectiveness to the next level;
- Improve your ability to engage, retain, and help a more diverse clientele;
- Help you develop and sustain a lifelong, professional development plan.
The Deliberate Practice web-based workshop is designed to enhance your therapeutic skills and effectiveness with the most challenging and difficult clinical scenarios and clients.
HOW'S THIS DIFFERENT?
- Thoughtful, planned, sequential, evidenced-based, targeted individualised, with one area building off the next.
- Helping you to assess your weak spots to address them… and using the DP framework to find your next growth edge.
- Lifetime access to the course and updates.
- Content + Community
Besides the LIFETIME access to the materials as well as updates, when you sign up for this web-based workshop, you get the following at NO COST to you:
1. The complete set of 6 FIT Manuals (The Feedback-Informed Treatment manuals are the definitive nuts and bolts of how to integrate FIT into your practice, and it's worth USD$99!).
2. The audiobook AND ebook of The First Kiss: Undoing the Intake Model and Igniting First Sessions (worth $23.70)
3. Live webinar follow-up (worth $280)
4. Exclusive insider's discount to future live training workshops
If you book the Better Results book, you'd get a whooping $50 off for signing up! (send us your receipt and we'd send you special discount code. email: [email protected]
Scott and Daryl have been collaboratively teaching, researching and hatching plots over the past decade. Together with Mark Hubble, their latest collaboration lead to the much anticipated release of the book, Better Results: Using Deliberate Practice to Improve Therapeutic Effectiveness.
Here you have both Scott and Daryl teaming up once again to bring you a special learning experience—not a poor substitute for live workshops, but a well-thought designed with learning principles in mind to help you achieve your personal best in your work as a psychotherapist.
More about Scott D. Miller, PhD.
Scott is the founder of the International Center for Clinical Excellence (ICCE)—a consortium of clinicians, researchers, and educators dedicated to promoting excellence in behavioral health services.
He conducts workshops and training, helping hundreds of organizations worldwide to achieve superior results. He writes and edits books and professional articles on the curative factors of psychotherapy and the development of expert performance.
Scott’s work on routine outcome management led to the development of Feedback Informed Treatment, now listed on SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practice.
He lives in Chicago, Illinois. Visit scottdmiller.com and follow @TheICCE.
More about Daryl Chow, PhD.
Daryl is a senior associate of the International Center for Clinical Excellence. He conducts workshops on the development of expertise and highly effective psychotherapists, and ways practitioners can accelerate learning.
He is the co-author of many articles and co-editor and contributing author of The Write to Recovery: Personal Stories & Lessons about Recovery from Mental Health Concerns, and the author of The First Kiss: Undoing the Intake Model and Igniting First Sessions in Psychotherapy.
Daryl’s blog and podcast, Frontiers of Psychotherapist Developmentis aimed at inspiring and sustaining practitioner’s individualised professional development.
Daryl maintains a private practice in Perth, Western Australia.